A durable, biocompatible material
Axiom® Multi Level® solutions and Simeda® and Connect+® prosthetic parts are made of medical grade V titanium.
The most durable material on the market, its performance is long-proven and features excellent biocompatibility. The mechanical qualities of medical grade V titanium makes implants safe for patients and reduces the invasiveness of procedures by allowing smaller-diameter implants to be used in the same site.
The product advantages
- Dynamic strength higher than medical grade IV titanium or other titanium alloys1
- Properties of osteointégration2
- Recognised biocompatibility in oral and orthopaedic surgery3
- No scientifically demonstrated cytotoxic or genotoxic3 effects
- A combination of medical grade V titanium and our BCP® (biphasic calcium phosphate) osteoconducting surface treatment.
1 Liens A., et al, Multi-scale microstructural and mechanical characterization of titanium and titanium alloys used in dentistry (2015), Poster presented at the 24th EAO’s Annual Scientific Congress, Stockholm, Sweden.
2 Buser, D., Saulacic, N., Bosshardt, D. D., Bornstein, M. M., Berner, S., (2012). Bone apposition to a titanium-zirconium alloy implant, as compared to two other titanium-containing implants. Eur Cell Mater, 23(1), 273-286.
3 Velasco-Ortega, E., Jos, A., Cameán, A. M., Pato-Mourelo, J., & Segura-Egea, J. J. (2010). In vitro evaluation of cytotoxicity and genotoxicity of a commercial titanium alloy for dental implantology. Mutation Research/Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis, 702(1), 17-23.